London Social Work for Children aims to provide employment and professional development opportunities across London, to both practicing and prospective social workers.
The platform will allow you to explore:
- All the latest job vacancies listed
- Information on all aspects of the career opportunities children’s social work has to offer
- What makes London a great place to live and work
- The latest regional and national social work related news
- Regional recruitment campaigns, working collaboratively to ensure current and perspective candidates are able to access the exciting career opportunities in the capital through a single site, no matter what stage in your career.
- Representing the London Social Work profession through the stories and examples of London’s existing workforce;
- Work in partnership regionally and nationally to develop resources for anyone working considering a career in social work or looking to develop their experience.
- Conducted research to understand the impact and benefits of similar regional approaches and developed a business case to progress with developing a London Children’s Services microsite.
- Held a regional event with presentations from Children’s Social Work Matters in the Yorkshire and the Humber region, as a shared learning event.
- Undertook a procurement exercise to identify a suitable partner to support the co-production of the microsite and campaign delivery, awarding Social Marketing Gateway as the regional partner.
- Secured funding support from LGA to enable the design and development phase.
- Developed a multi-skilled Task & Finish Group from across 6 London Authorities and a sub-regional Teaching Partnership to co-produce the microsite on behalf of London.
‘This is such a beautifully laid out and functional website, lots of fantastic resources for social work professionals and employers to use. I’m sure it will make a great difference to London!’ – Suzanne Hudson, Senior Adviser – Workforce and Policy
“The site will give every LA their own space to promote opportunities and describe the area as a whole and the social care profile. The site will also enable regional and ‘whole London’ profiling to support agile workforce development campaigns.” – Roisin Madden, Practice Leader, Croydon and Member of the Workforce Steering Group
“Really exciting for London and glad to be part of it!” – Ali Kelly, Strategic Resourcing Lead, Sutton