The Adolescent Safeguarding workstream is overseen by the London Adolescent Safeguarding Oversight Board (LASOB) which draws together a wide range of partners who contribute to building safety for young people in London. The Care Leavers’ Compact reports directly to ALDCS and is not under the scope of LASOB’s work.
The LASOB has been created to provide dedicated co-ordination and oversight of pan-London work to safeguard young people. The board reports to the London Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (LSCP) Executive and the chair of the oversight board is identified on an annual basis by the LSCP executive.
Through co-ordination and oversight of partner initiatives, LASOB aims to draw these into a shared programme of sequenced activity, particularly focusing on work which has a multi-borough or pan-London dimension.
It will seek to learn from effective local LSCP and violence and vulnerability work but not duplicate local activity and governance.
The primary objectives and responsibilities of LASOB are:
- To agree and oversee a co-ordinated programme of adolescent safeguarding activity in London
- Lead and champion activities agreed by the board
- Develop the multi-agency adolescent safeguarding practice framework
- Develop a shared adolescent safeguarding data-set for London partners to support identification of systematic gaps, trends and risks
- Communication and reciprocal links to key safeguarding and community safety/crime structures in London.