Are you a Your Choice Practitioner?
- The Your Choice Programme aims to help young people focus on what matters to them and provide them with resources to achieve their goals.
- Together, we seek to fill a practice gap through Your Choice – by moving beyond understanding why a child may behave in a certain way to providing tools and techniques that practitioners can employ to help the child keep themselves safe.
- Through engagement in the London Young People Study (LYPS), we aim to contribute to the evidence-base and make the case for further investment in this field of work.
- The Your Choice programme celebrated its 1-year anniversary in 2022. Since the first training session on the 6 December 2021, London’s boroughs have made incredible progress to implement Your Choice locally.
- 32 of London’s boroughs are delivering Your Choice and are participating in the London Young People Study (LYPS), thus, enabling a pan-London research evaluation to take place.
- Over 300 children and young people have been recruited into the London Young People Study Pilot. This progress reflects the huge effort by each local authority to reach target recruitment milestones for the treatment and control groups.
- We have heard anecdotal stories about the positive impact of the Your Choice programme from young people and their practitioners.
With thanks to our first phase funders, the Home Office…